This is the category for guitarists who been playing for a while – maybe only a couple of years or maybe a couple of decades!
Since everyone is in a different place, my teaching is tailored to each students goals. You may have a definite goal in mind, or simply want to get better on the guitar.
Some examples of the skills I try to help develop include:
- Knowing how turn basic chords into more complex chords
- Understanding major and minor keys and common chord progressions
- Improvising with scales and modes
- Arpeggios and chord-tone soloing
- Developing speed
- Learning to improvise over chord changes instead of staying on one scale
- Classical guitar technique and repertoire
- Jazz Guitar – improvising and repertoire